Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- HPV Vaccine Slashes Rate Of Infected Teen Girls
- WATCH: Dad's Homosexuality Blamed For Son's Tragic Death
Girl Scouts Distribute Planned Parenthood Sex Guide at United Nations Meeting
Filed under: In The News
The "Happy, Healthy and Hot" (PDF) brochure is geared towards young people living with HIV and encourages them to explore their sexuality: "Masturbation is a great way to find out more about your body and what you find sexually stimulating." The guide also encourages young people to "Talk about or act out your fantasies. Talk dirty to them."
The brochure says national laws requiring HIV-positive people to reveal their status to their partner(s) "violate the rights of people living with HIV" and calls for advocacy to "change laws that violate your rights," C-FAM reports.
Planned Parenthood's involvement has drawn the ire of some conservative organizations. Wendy Wright, president of Concerned Women for America tells C-FAM, "Governments and NGOs should be aware of Planned Parenthood's insidious plan to work with UN agencies and girls' organizations in order to profit from encouraging kids to be sexually active."
The Girl Scouts weren't alone in their efforts to promote sex education and HIV issues. The heads of several powerful UN agencies at CSW last week released a "UN Joint Statement" under the name of the "UN Adolescent Girls Task Force," which calls for their agencies to promote and support programs "that empower ... adolescent girls, particularly those aged 10 to 14 years," C-FAM reports, and a priority for empowerment is ensuring access to "life-skills based sexuality education, HIV prevention, and sexual and reproductive health."
The UN Population Fund and the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization also recently co-sponsored controversial curriculum that included teaching children as young as five to be sexually active and training adolescents to advocate for abortion.
Related: Lesbian High-Schooler Banned From Bringing A Same-Sex Date To Prom
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- The owner of the property or debit creditor can relieve the person(s) of the debt,(a employment position or (court) is not ownership
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN
- My daughter (14 yrs) was just kicked out of her Girl Scout Cadettes troop. Her offense? Having ADD (not hyperactive) and she wasn't picking up on a tr...
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.