Kids in Danger: Dangerous Nursery Products Top 2009 Recall List
Recalls of strollers, cribs, high chairs and other nursery products pushed the nursery product category to the top category of recalled products for the first time, the advocacy group Kids in Danger announced.
In a just-released report analyzing recalls conducted by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the group found that 40 nursery product recalls involved more than 21 million units tied to 198 injuries and nine deaths.
"And those incidents include only those already reported at the time of the recall," Kids in Danger executive director Nancy Cowles said in a statement emailed to WalletPop.com. "More needs to be done to protect children from these hazards."
Among the biggest recalls:
- 4 million units of Aqua-Leisure inflatable baby floats (the leg straps can tear and cause a baby go under water)
- 2.1 million Stork Craft drop-side cribs (entrapment and fall dangers)
- 643,000 Evenflo Envision high chairs (risk of falls and choking)
To read the rest of this story or learn more about dangerous products, visit the Consumer Ally page on our sister site, WalletPop.com.
Related: Professional Babyproofers: Spreading Fear Or Safety?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Would your pension or retirement be effected ,in a civil filing, if you lost or in a chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...
- Do people ever get a civil trial this is too many dismissals with out a response from defendants
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.