Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- 27 Fantastic Books For Kids Of All Ages
- Mike Ryan: Ben Affleck Bids Bill Hader & Fred Armisen A Fond Farewell
This is How We Roll: Kids Hit White House Lawn for Easter Egg Roll
Filed under: In The News
President Obama hosted the annual White House Easter Egg Roll in Washington, D.C. today, but pushing eggs across the lawn was hardly the main attraction for most of the pint-size guests.
We're guessing most of the swooning tween set was more excited about pop phenomenon Justin Bieber, and the younger tots were psyched to see the casts of "Yo Gabba Gabba" and "Sesame Street" hit the stage.
A slew of famous figures were on hand to read at the Storytime Stage, including Olympian Apolo Anton Ohno, actress Mariska Hargitay and queen of all things Hogwarts, J.K. Rowling. Even President Obama's mother-in-law, Marian Robinson, was on the reading roster.
In keeping with first lady Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" initiative, the theme of this year's event was "Ready, Set, Go!" and activities encouraged children to lead healthy and active lives.
Roll on, kids. Roll on.
Related: Michelle Obama Announces Effort to Tackle Childhood Obesity
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Would you want to to pick your own security . ? im sure they get homes paid for by the state or political party also. 18 =20 votes before 98
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))
- When did American Girl stories change?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.