Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Jennifer Pellegrini: After a Wild Week of News, Two Stories You Might…
- Rev. Susan Baller-Shepard: Wild And Precious Lives: Godspeed…
Shark Sleeping Bag: Is it Brilliant, or Does it Bite?
History is filled with brilliant combinations. Peanut butter and chocolate. Couch and television. Shark and sleeping bag.
Art student Kendra Phillips, 19, created the ChumBuddy, which is, indeed, a shark sleeping bag. On the fence? Perhaps this slogan will convince you: "Find it hard to get your children to sleep at night? How about feeding them to a 7-foot shark."
Phillips says in a press release that she thinks sharks are a "very misunderstood animal" and that one of her goals in making the ChumBuddy is "to give them a cuddly reputation." That seems unlikely, but hey, it's always good to have goals.
At least it's not as bad as the episode of "The Simpsons" where Bart can't sleep, so Homer makes him an insanely scary clown bed, causing Bart to mouth the immortal words, "can't sleep, clown will eat me." Still, maybe you should avoid letting the kids watch Shark Week, just to make sure your little ones don't develop selachophobia (aka, a fear of sharks).
Those among us who are of a certain age have our own memories of sharks. One shark in particular. His name was Bruce ...
You can order the ChumBuddy from PatchTogether.com for $199.95. If you feel like sinking your teeth into that kind of thing.
Related: Toy Fair 2010: 10 Cool New Toys for the Grade School Set
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Alot of .gov when submitting a program or proposal for government agency (be sure you personally can provide for the agency)
- . two ways to lose property's selling or debt ( debt property is sold to pay debt) the debt has to be proved) court managing property?
- Discuss Derian douglas hickman's answer to: 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference 01/16/2013
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.