Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- HPV Vaccine Slashes Rate Of Infected Teen Girls
- WATCH: Dad's Homosexuality Blamed For Son's Tragic Death
Lesbian Who Sued Over Prom Date Transfers Schools
Filed under: In The News
Constance McMillen told The Associated Press on Thursday that she now attends a high school in Jackson, about 180 miles from Itawamba Agricultural High School in Fulton.
McMillen filed a federal lawsuit against the Itawamba County School District in March over the district's decision to cancel the prom rather than allow her to bring her girlfriend. Afterward, McMillen said she faced hostility.
She won't say which school she now attends, but she plans to graduate June 2.
Members of a fundamentalist church from Kansas say they'll protest the Itawamba graduation Saturday because they think parents didn't teach their children to condemn homosexuality.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL. This article was written by SHELIA BYRD, Associated Press Writer.
Related: Opinion: Lesbian Teens Have Every Right to Attend Prom
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS AS TO THE ANSWER BY DEFENDANTS ______________________________. Plaintiff, ________________________ h...
- LAW SCHOOL OR COPYCAT would'nt it be a difficult profession ( lawyer)if anyone could use your court case defense as plaintiff or defendant
- Does Liz Carmouche got a plump coochie?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.