Baby Girl Gifts for Non-Girlie Types
Filed under: Babies
When it comes to baby girl gifts, three words immediately spring to mind: pretty, pink and princess. But not all baby girls need to be wrapped in ribbons and frills.
For some new moms, in fact, nothing's more dreaded than the "three Ps." They may be the obvious choice, but the best baby gifts always come out of left field. Finding gender neutral new baby gifts for girls can be difficult, though. Sometimes it seems like the only options available are "Mommy's Little Princess" bibs and flowery onesies.
But if you're on the lookout for a non-traditional baby girl gift, we've tracked down some great options.
- Pro and Collegiate Sports Security Blankets, $17.95: Mom and Dad both love sports -- why shouldn't their daughter get into the game, as well? Almost all major sports teams, from football to baseball, are represented on these embroidered, satin-trimmed fleece blankets. Each security blanket has a plush ball attached to it that's perfectly sized for snuggling.
- Little Me Layette Giraffe Footie, $10: This sweet, newborn-sized coverall and hat combo proves that not all baby girl clothes have to be pink and prissy. Two cute little giraffes are embroidered on this soft, ivory colored outfit that's the perfect baby girl gift for both a nap and a trip to Grandma's house.
- Baby M.D. Two-Piece Layette Set in "Doctor's Bag" Gift Box, $24.99: Is there a doctor in the house? Baby clothes can be pretty boring, but this tiny unisex scrubs outfit makes both a fun and functional baby girl gift. Med school may be a couple decades away, but the future M.D. can start dressing the part stat! The enclosed doctor's bag also can be used at play time.
- Trumpette Little Mickeys Disney Boxed Sock Set; $29.99: These unisex booties are perfect for Mom and Dad's future sports star (and Mickey Mouse fan!). Shaped like sneakers featuring Mickey's silhouette on the side, they're perfectly sized to cradle the feet of newborns. Even better, they won't slip off.
- Deluxe Child's Spindle Rocking Chair, $64.95: Every nursery should have a rocking chair and this child-sized, hand-carved rocker is made to be a family heirloom. Natural colored wood makes this chair a gender-neutral classic. A rocking chair may be a nontraditional baby girl gift, but it's one that will be treasured for generations.
- FuzziBunz One Size Cloth Diapers with Free Dainty Baby Reusable Bag, $194.78: Let's face it: Disposable diapers are expensive and take up tons of space in landfills. Because of this, lots of eco-conscious moms have been going green and opting to wrap their babies up in cloth alternatives. These cute and colorful cloth diapers are an incredibly thoughtful (and useful) newborn baby girl gift -- not only are they easy on the eyes, they're easy on the environment too. They adjust to fit babies from 7 to 35 pounds too, which means new parents will get months of use from them.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...
- A motion to dismiss filed; is also using a motion to avoid perjury(having to testify under oath) correct?
- Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris by JustinBieberVEVO 3 years ago 859,231,811 views
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.