Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Louise Pennington: Teenage Pregnancy, Patriarchal Hypocrisy and…
- 'Rules Of Engagement' 100th Episode Series Finale
Malia Obama is Heading to Summer Camp
Filed under: Tweens, Teens, Celeb Kids, Celeb Parents, In The News, Tween Culture, Teen Culture, Health & Safety: Tweens, Development: Tweens, Social & Emotional Growth: Tweens, Behavior: Tweens, Nutrition: Tweens, Education: Tweens, Activities: Tweens, Gear Guides: Tweens, Research Reveals: Tweens, Expert Advice: Tweens, Health & Safety: Teens, Development: Teens, Social & Emotional Growth: Teens, Behavior: Teens, Nutrition: Teens, Education: Teens, Activities: Teens, Gear Guides: Teens, Research Reveals: Teens, Expert Advice: Teens, Celeb News & Interviews
Bug juice, anyone?
Being the president's daughter and living in the White House doesn't make for a typical tween existence, but now Malia Obama is embarking on a most all-American summer experience: sleepaway camp.
In fact, President Obama tells NBC that Malia's camp plans are making it difficult for the family to plan a summer vacation.
"We're going to be trying to figure out where we're going to be able to take some time over the course of the summer," Obama says. "But a month of it's going to be taken up with Malia going away for camp, which she's never done before. And I may shed a tear."
In addition to heading off to camp, 12-year-old Malia is growing up in other ways: She has shot up to 5-foot-9 and is sporting a mouth full of metal.
"Even though she's 5'9", she's still my baby," Obama says. He also likes her new braces, he says, "because she was starting to look too old."
Related: Grass-Roots Groups Plugging Into Michelle Obama's Let's Move Campaign
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Would you want to to pick your own security . ? im sure they get homes paid for by the state or political party also. 18 =20 votes before 98
- D. hickman v. intel, microsoft et.al federal district court dc (bill gates deposition part 1 you tube?) are you a owner of a company?
- Government agent under oath washington dc civil filing?