Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Claire McCarthy, M.D.: Is Your Family Ready for a Disaster?
- HooplaHa: WATCH: Shari Alyse: Showing What Kids Can Teach Us
Tighter Belts? Find Kids' Gear for Less With Online Clothing Swap
Enter thredUP, a new kids clothing swap website that allows busy parents to exchange boxes of their kids' outgrown clothing for new gear that fits just right. The best part? You can do it all online. The service connects thousands of families across the country and coordinates trades so there's no bartering, bidding or tiresome trips to the post office.
With the free basic membership, you pay only shipping and handling on the boxes of clothing you choose. Upgrading to a pro membership ($29.99 a year) gives you access to extra features, such as more detailed views of other member's boxes and the ability to add more child profiles to your account.
Discount alert: ParentDish readers can sign up via this link for 20 percent off a thredUP pro membership -- valid throughout the month of August.
Related: Easy Ways to Bring New Style to Old Hand-Me-Downs
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- There are more than 67,000 households on the list ...?????????????
- 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.