Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Karri-Leigh P. Mastrangelo: Pregnant or Not, I Don't Regret My…
- How To Have A Stress-Free Blended Family Vacation
Soldiers' Surprise Homecomings Video Makes Us Bawl Our Eyes Out
It's always emotional when you return from a week-long business trip, hug your child and she tells you how much she missed you. But what if you're a soldier posted in a warzone, and you surprise your child with your homecoming? Bring on the tears.
This video does a beautiful job of mixing such surprises, and while every reunion is touching, we have a few favorites: We love the little girl on Santa's lap right about 1:30, who runs up and says "Daddy? Hi daddy. I miss you!" We smiled and teared up all at the same time at the kid who forgot to let go of his basketball right about 4:31. And how about the look of pure joy on the boy's face at 6:07? Seriously, where are the tissues?
So, if you watch this at work and your sniffling, teary-eyed self draws concerned looks from your co-workers, well, don't say we didn't warn you.
Related: Opinion: Holocaust Survivor and Family Do the Dance of Life at Auschwitz
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...
- Federal reserve board of governors appointments ( understanding owning a tv image )
- Would you want to to pick your own security . ? im sure they get homes paid for by the state or political party also. 18 =20 votes before 98
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.