Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Claire McCarthy, M.D.: Is Your Family Ready for a Disaster?
- HooplaHa: WATCH: Shari Alyse: Showing What Kids Can Teach Us
How to Play: Wet Sweatshirt Dunk Relay
Filed under: Kids' Games
What you need: You need buckets, water, and a large sweatshirt for each team.
How to play: Divide the children up into equally numbered teams. Players should be wearing clothes they don't mind getting wet. Establish a starting line and a line approximately 20-30 feet from the starting line. Place a bucket filled with water for each team at the starting line. Each team gets a sweatshirt.
The rules: At the starting signal, the first person on each team will dunk the sweatshirt in the bucket of water, put the sweatshirt on, run down the field and back, take the sweatshirt off and tag the next player. Play continues until all players have raced.
How to win: The first team to complete the race is the winner.
What else you need to know: For a variation of this game, you can add sweatpants to the race.
Related: More Kids' Games
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- There are more than 67,000 households on the list ...?????????????
- Copyright royaly board understanding building a radio or tv (song sound good got your own radio)?
- My daughter (14 yrs) was just kicked out of her Girl Scout Cadettes troop. Her offense? Having ADD (not hyperactive) and she wasn't picking up on a tr...
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.