Hot on HuffPost Parents:
Crayola Goes Green for Back-to-School
Are Screamin' Green, Granny Smith Apple, Asparagus, Fern, Mountain Meadow, Shamrock and Tropical Rain Forest among your favorite Crayola colors?
Well, it's time to take your love of green one step further this back-to-school season with the brand's new eco-friendly crayons, markers and colored pencils. Here's some of the new stuff to check out as you shop:
- Crayola markers will now have black barrels instead of white, which allows more recycled plastic to be used and gives new life to more than 1 million pounds of plastic bottle caps.
- Starting this summer a billion crayons will be made using solar power each year -- look for specially-marked boxes of Crayola crayons. And, during the crayon making process, any chipped or broken crayons are remelted in the mixer, so there's no waste.
- All wood used in Crayola colored pencils comes from reforested trees and for each tree used, another of the same kind is planted.
Related: Oh! The Places Your Sneakers Will Go
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Is permission required from both parents in every state . to become a foster parent? are there name's changed; would i need a court order
- Using a foreign governement company to defend UNITED STATES OF AMERICA alot of .gov huh
- Discuss Derian douglas hickman's answer to: 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference 01/16/2013
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.