Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Mom In Labor During Tornado: 'I Opened My Eyes And I Could See Out…
- Christie O. Tate: I Love and Welcome My Daugther's Rage
Would You Drink for Two?
Blogger Melanie at Parenting.com confesses that she sipped some vino more than once during her own pregnancies: "I didn't drink nightly, or even weekly, and never did I get drunk," she writes. "And while I know that complete abstention from alcohol is the official position of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, I also quietly received the okay for an occasional glass of wine from a number of medical professionals whose advice I sought."
Are expectant mothers ditching the playbook, as written by ACOG? Probably not altogether, but the New York Post does report that more pregnant women are raising the glass -- without a side helping of guilt.
According to that newspaper, a study published in the International Journal of Epidemiology reveals that babies whose mothers drank one or two alcoholic beverages during their pregnancies had no additional risk of cognitive defects than those whose moms abstained.
Related: Pregnancy: Week By Week
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS AS TO THE ANSWER BY DEFENDANTS ______________________________. Plaintiff, ________________________ h...
- What is the TFI ORGANIZATION IN KS?
- Would you want to to pick your own security . ? im sure they get homes paid for by the state or political party also. 18 =20 votes before 98
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.