Michelle Obama Says Click Off Cartoons and Go Out and Play
At noon EST on Sept. 25, first lady Michelle Obama will tell Nick viewers to "get ready to shut down your computers, put down your cell phones and turn off your TVs." Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, Nick Jr. and TeenNick will then go off the air for three hours, according to the Associated Press.
The cartoon blackout is part of Nickelodeon's annual Worldwide Day of Play campaign, an annual effort to encourage families to get kids and families moving and off the couch. The network isn't goofing around and is turning screens black.
But take heart Nick fans, before and after this TV intervention, you can soak up six hours of back-to-back "SpongeBob Squarepants" episodes.
Meanwhile, "iCarly" poses this question to teen and tween fans on the Nick show's website: What's the best way to spend this Saturday?
- Pranking Your sister/brother?
- Sleeping all day?
- Eating ice cream, nonstop?
- Watching an all-new iCarly at 8 p.m.?
Related: Is It OK For Kids Under 2 To Watch TV?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- 10 facilit's MAKING 100 (WHATEVER) A DAY ; LESS THAN 3 YEARS OR 1000 DAY'S YOU WOULD HAVE 1 ,000,000
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...
- How can anyone have the patience to actually have children? Your life is nothing but mindless repetition with no end to it. Even when they grow up you...
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.