Michelle Obama Says Click Off Cartoons and Go Out and Play
At noon EST on Sept. 25, first lady Michelle Obama will tell Nick viewers to "get ready to shut down your computers, put down your cell phones and turn off your TVs." Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, Nick Jr. and TeenNick will then go off the air for three hours, according to the Associated Press.
The cartoon blackout is part of Nickelodeon's annual Worldwide Day of Play campaign, an annual effort to encourage families to get kids and families moving and off the couch. The network isn't goofing around and is turning screens black.
But take heart Nick fans, before and after this TV intervention, you can soak up six hours of back-to-back "SpongeBob Squarepants" episodes.
Meanwhile, "iCarly" poses this question to teen and tween fans on the Nick show's website: What's the best way to spend this Saturday?
- Pranking Your sister/brother?
- Sleeping all day?
- Eating ice cream, nonstop?
- Watching an all-new iCarly at 8 p.m.?
Related: Is It OK For Kids Under 2 To Watch TV?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Are all items consumable or a product and ingredients ...public record or are you literature restricted
- Why would a RN to a terminally-ll child would walk out of her job & never say goodby to her patient?
- Pro-se not considered a attorney no bar# only self representation ,im i at a disadvantage based on non- affilation?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.