Michelle Obama Says Click Off Cartoons and Go Out and Play
At noon EST on Sept. 25, first lady Michelle Obama will tell Nick viewers to "get ready to shut down your computers, put down your cell phones and turn off your TVs." Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, Nick Jr. and TeenNick will then go off the air for three hours, according to the Associated Press.
The cartoon blackout is part of Nickelodeon's annual Worldwide Day of Play campaign, an annual effort to encourage families to get kids and families moving and off the couch. The network isn't goofing around and is turning screens black.
But take heart Nick fans, before and after this TV intervention, you can soak up six hours of back-to-back "SpongeBob Squarepants" episodes.
Meanwhile, "iCarly" poses this question to teen and tween fans on the Nick show's website: What's the best way to spend this Saturday?
- Pranking Your sister/brother?
- Sleeping all day?
- Eating ice cream, nonstop?
- Watching an all-new iCarly at 8 p.m.?
Related: Is It OK For Kids Under 2 To Watch TV?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Hickman vs. federal election commission and internal revenue servise
- Governor at 15 the average life expectancy in 1950 was about 50 making 25 middle age and your prime about 15-17
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.