Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Claire McCarthy, M.D.: Is Your Family Ready for a Disaster?
- HooplaHa: WATCH: Shari Alyse: Showing What Kids Can Teach Us
Double Strollers: Best Jogging Strollers
If you're investing in a double stroller, it may well be worth it to pay a little more for a double jogging stroller. Double jogging strollers are perfect for running, jogging and everyday use. Here are some of our favorite double jogging strollers.
- Bumbleride Indie Twin Double Stroller: Launched as Bumbleride's first side-by-side stroller, the Indie Twin accommodates both infants and older siblings and is compatible with infant car seat carriers. This top-of-the-line double jogging stroller is pricey at $600-plus, but premium features help justify the price tag. The independent seating system means you can adjust the backrests, canopies and footrests to fit both of your children's unique needs. And the dual-front swiveling wheels make it easy to maneuver the stroller even at a fast pace.
- Phil & Teds Dash Double Stroller: Many side-by-side double jogging strollers are too wide to fit though doorways, making them impractical for shopping trips and daily use. But the Phil & Teds Dash stroller is in-line instead of side-by-side. The Dash can accommodate a lie-flat newborn or a 5-year-old, and it's adaptable. When your older child outgrows the stroller, you can remove the doubles kit and use it as a single jogging stroller. Tall moms will appreciate the multi-position adjustable handle. The Phil & Teds Dash sells for $500-plus.
- InSTEP Run Around 2 Jogging Stroller: The InSTEP Double Jogging Stroller doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the Bumbleride or Phil & Teds Dash, but you'll love its affordable price: $150-plus. You won't need to bust your budget to buy this stroller, which still has some great features, including a one-handed fold for easy closing. You can even fit this stroller in your trunk. If you want a softer ride, upgrade to the InSTEP Grand Safari Swivel Double Jogging Stroller, which has a spring suspension for a smoother ride on any terrain.
- Kelty Speedster Deuce Stroller: Kelty makes a sturdy double jogging stroller. In fact, Kelty is the official stroller of Baby Boot Camp, the stroller exercise class. The seats are roomy and comfortable for your kids, and moms will appreciate the adjustable height handle, water bottle holders and runaway leash. Additionally, the Kelty Speedster can be used as either a fixed wheel or swivel wheel stroller, which makes it adaptable for moms who want to use this double jogging stroller on trips to the mall or other locations where maneuverability is more important than speed. The Kelty costs $400-plus, making it a good mid-range jogging stroller.
- Britax B-Ready Double Jogging Stroller: The Britax B-Ready, at $499.99, is a state-of-the-art modular stroller with more than 14 configurations. You can integrate your infant car seat carrier or adjust the stroller to accommodate children up to 55 pounds. This is a stroller for light jogging or walking, rather than fast-paced all-terrain running. However, moms like its flexibility, and this is a great stroller for twins since it fits two infant car seat carriers.
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.