Best Halloween Movies for Kids: ParentDish's Top 10 Picks
Here are 10 of the best Halloween movies for kids that will help them appreciate the holiday's spirit without making them too scared.
1. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown: This classic children's Halloween movie is a definite must-see during the season. Kids love watching the Peanuts gang celebrate Halloween, and Linus' wish to see the Great Pumpkin can inspire your kids' imaginations to create their own holiday heroes.
2. Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie: This is a great movie for younger kids. It stars the beloved Winnie the Pooh characters, but in the Halloween spirit, you'll also find the Gobloon who haunts the Hundred Acre Wood, providing just enough spooky atmosphere to the film.
3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The first movie in the Harry Potter series is a great introduction to the world of young wizards and witches. The costumes and special effects make this film spectacularly perfect for the season. Show other films in the series for a Hogwarts movie marathon.
4. Casper: Who better to celebrate Halloween with than Casper the friendly ghost? The movie is more heartwarming than hair-raising, making it a good choice for younger kids.
5. Monsters, Inc.: One of the fabulously-animated films from Disney Pixar, this is a fun Halloween movie for kids. They also can learn from the film that "scary" things don't always turn out to be so terrifying.
6. Scooby-Doo: The live-action version of kids' favorite ghost hunters is a great seasonal pick. Some of the spooky special effects could be too scary for younger kids, but older children will enjoy laughing at Scooby and the gang's silly exploits on Spooky Island.
7. The Addams Family: The movie version of the classic TV series is a fun film that celebrates the Halloween spirit. As the theme song says: "They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, they're all together hooky, the Addams family." Kids will love the odd eccentricities of the family and their home.
8. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial: This classic movie about a boy befriending a lost alien and helping him find his way home still resonates with kids today. Children love to see E.T. dress up as a ghost for Halloween, and it's fun to see the costumes that were popular in the 1980s.
9. Beetlejuice: This Tim Burton movie about two reluctant ghosts attempting to haunt the new residents of their home is a classic black comedy. As Beetlejuice, Michael Keaton is mischievous, hilarious and a bit spooky as he helps to induct the two ghosts into the world of haunting.
10. The Nightmare Before Christmas: Add another Burton film to this list. This movie is about Halloweentown resident Jack Skellington, who discovers a strange new world, Christmastown. The animation in this film is amazing, but some of the Halloweentown characters could be a bit scary for the younger set.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- The duties of the FEC, are to disclose campaign finance information, HICKMAN VS. IRS & FEC
- The owner of the property or debit creditor can relieve the person(s) of the debt,(a employment position or (court) is not ownership
- Court Filings and Court Records updated daily Go Back Lawsuit or other court case details PlaintiffBROOKS, ZINA EULLETECase #DF-00-20075 Defendant HIC...
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.