Study Shows Women Left Unsatisfied in the Bedroom
In the largest survey on sex in America taken since 1994, researchers from Indiana University's Center for Sexual Health Promotion found that while 85 percent of men said their latest sexual partner reached orgasm, only 64 percent of women said that actually happened.
"There's this massive gap between men's perception and women's reality," study co-author Debby Herbenick told ABC News. "It shows a lack of communication between partners, either by women faking it or by men not asking or noticing if their partner [climaxed]."
That's just one small data point from a survey of 5,865 people about the sex lives of everyone from 14-year-old kids to married couples in their 90s that filled a whopping 130 pages in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.
Fun facts to know and tell about sex in America:
• The researchers tallied 41 different combinations of sexual acts, encompassing vaginal and anal intercourse, oral sex and partnered masturbation.
• Men are more likely to achieve orgasm during vaginal intercourse.
• Women are more likely to reach orgasm when they engage in a variety of acts, including oral sex.
• One-third of women experienced genital pain during their most recent sex, compared to 5 percent of men.
• When it comes to safe sex, teenagers are more conscientious about using condoms than baby boomers. Among boys ages 14 to 17 who are having sexual intercourse, 79 percent use condoms, compared to 25 percent for all men in the survey.
• Rates of condom usage among black and Hispanic men were significantly higher than for whites, suggesting that HIV-AIDS awareness programs are making headway.
• Men over 50 are the least likely to use a condom. Although this age group is more likely to be married than men in their teens and 20s, they are also more willing to have multiple sexual partners, which raises the risk for disease.
• Although only 8 percent of adult men identify themselves as gay, lesbian or bisexual, 15 percent of men have had sex with another man.
• Among teen boys, 2 percent of 14-year-olds said they had sex in the past year, compared with 40 percent of 17-year-olds.
• 60 percent of men under 70 masturbated at least once in the past month; that number declines to 30 percent for men over 70.
• Almost 50 percent of women in their 20s said they masturbated alone in the past month, but this number declined slowly to 20 percent for women in their 60s.
• About 40 percent of men and women report having had anal sex, and that number is even higher for men and women in their 20s and 30s.
The study was funded by Church & Dwight Co., the manufacturer of Trojan condoms. Although questions about condom usage figured prominently in the study, the researchers insisted to The Associated Press that the integrity of their findings was not affected by the corporate tie.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- ,PASSPORT'S AND THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE (TRAVELERS TO A GOVERNMENT( THE PEOPLE WOULD BE (ON VACATION OR WORKING ) = 0% UNEMPLOYMENT
- PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS AS TO THE ANSWER BY DEFENDANTS ______________________________. Plaintiff, ________________________ h...
- A motion to dismiss filed; is also using a motion to avoid perjury(having to testify under oath) correct?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.