Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Dr. Peggy Drexler: The Breadwinner Complex: Are Women Apologizing For…
- Guideposts : Meet The Canine Minister To A Man With Alzheimer's
A $4,500 Trike? Or a $15,000 Gingerbread House? Time to Shop the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book
While Suzie wobbles down the driveway in her $50 gift, our little darling will be touring the neighborhood in a Tory Burch Trike, which really should be described as a family chariot, seeing that it's electric, has room for a driver and a backseat for two, complete with plush bucket seats, swivel armrests, seat belts, a footboard and a retractable canopy top. And, of course, facny schmancy fabrics are designed by fashion fave Burch.
Keeping up with the Jones' is sure to put a serious hit on your savings account this holiday season, as Neiman Marcus releases its 84th edition of The Christmas Book. Filled with over-the-top gift ideas -- a 48-foot houseboat for $250,000, anyone? -- we were especially drawn to two wild, fantasy ideas for the family.
First up, that tricked-out trike. Manufactured by Worksman Cycles, the American company that invented the delivery tricycle for ice cream vendors in 1898, the model costs a cool $4,500. Ice cream better be included.
And, speaking of treats, imagine unveiling a giant edible gingerbread house Christmas morning. Like, one big enough to play in -- and nosh on while you do it.
Made with 381 pounds of gourmet gingerbread and 517 pounds of royal icing by confectioners from Dylan's Candy Bar, the dream digs stand 6.6 feet high by 5.25 feet wide by 4.1 feet deep.
Decorating the walls? Only giant cookies, lollipops, gummies, mints, gum drops and a candy-encrusted roof. And just to make Willy Wonka himself turn green with envy, there's even a lollipop tree inside. At $15,000, it will definitely buy your child some new friends -- and maybe a few new cavities, too.
Kinda makes fretting over the price of that new American Girl doll seem cheap, huh?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...
- Federal reserve board of governors appointments ( understanding owning a tv image )
- D. hickman v. intel, microsoft et.al federal district court dc (bill gates deposition part 1 you tube?) are you a owner of a company?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.