Halloween Crafts: Gruesome Gourd Creatures
Filed under: Activities: Tweens, Activities: Big Kids, Activities: Family Time, Expert Advice: Big Kids, Your Kids, Behavior: Big Kids, Development: Big Kids, Big Kids, Nutrition: Big Kids, Gear Guides: Big Kids, Research Reveals: Big Kids, Health & Safety: Big Kids, Education: Big Kids
Unleash your pint-sized peeps with overactive imaginations on a pile of pumpkins and gourds and see what comes of it all. OK, you might need to lend a hand or two. Here's how to scare up some family fun.
What You'll Need:
- Gourds and pumpkins
- Dowels or wooden skewers, 3 -4 inches in length
- White glue
- Permanent marker
- Sharp tool to punch holes, an awl or metal skewer (to be used by adult only)
Play with gourds and pumpkins to find the perfect combination and general location for placement. Indicate where gourds should be placed by making a dot with a marker. Adults should pierce both entry points on gourds at markings. Then, allow child to dip ends of dowel in glue and insert halfway into main body and extremity. Get crafty. Use mini gourds for eyes, curly squash as a nose or legs (our octopus could have easily been a spider by swinging his legs in the opposite direction). If necessary, use a knife to trim ends in order to fit one end to another.
Allow to dry. Then set out to scare and inspire.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Court Filings and Court Records updated daily Go Back Lawsuit or other court case details PlaintiffBROOKS, ZINA EULLETECase #DF-00-20075 Defendant HIC...
- Alot of .gov when submitting a program or proposal for government agency (be sure you personally can provide for the agency)
- How can anyone have the patience to actually have children? Your life is nothing but mindless repetition with no end to it. Even when they grow up you...