Won't 'Friend' Mom and Dad? They'll Just Hack Your Facebook Page
According to MSNBC, of these folks who log on without their teen's knowledge and aren't "friended" by their offspring, 82 percent say they like to delete information from their teen's account or "otherwise exert more control over it."
Sneaky parents attributed their sleuthing to concerns about their teen's safety and the kinds of information they post on the social networking site, MSNBC reports.
At the same time, 72 percent of parents monitor their kid's Facebook pages with their teen's permission, according to a social networking privacy survey of parents and teens by TRUSTe.com and reported in a press release. The survey looked at the social networking behaviors of 2,000 parents and teens on Facebook.
Parents are persistent in their Facebook monitoring, according to the release. Fifty percent of the parents who monitor their kids' sites do so weekly; 35 percent daily and 10 percent monthly. And 40 percent of parents don't access the accounts by a secret log in; their teens give them the access to their Facebook accounts, according to the release.
An overwhelming 98 percent of parents indicate that both their teen's privacy, as well as control over their own personal information, is important, very important or extremely important when using social media websites. Overall, the survey suggests that parents and teens are doing a number of the right activities to protect their privacy, according to the release:
- 80 percent of parents and 78 percent of teens feel in control of their personal information on social networking sites.
- 84 percent of parents are confident their teen is responsible with personal information on a social networking site.
- 84 percent of parents are accurate in understanding the amount of time their teen spends on social networks and generally have a good understanding of the activities they are engaged in online.
The survey also found that 80 percent of teens use privacy settings "at some point to hide content from certain friends and/or parents," according to the release.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- At the internal revenue serice level it is not difficult to identify the inventor of a product or service they are taxable so are the salary's.
- PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS AS TO THE ANSWER BY DEFENDANTS ______________________________. Plaintiff, ________________________ h...
- Quest for the truth ? or just buying?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.