Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Karri-Leigh P. Mastrangelo: Pregnant or Not, I Don't Regret My…
- How To Have A Stress-Free Blended Family Vacation
Should the Boy Scouts Stop Banning Gay Men and Atheists?
Filed under: In The News
Jon Langbert, a father in Dallas, was told recently that he was no longer allowed to hold a leadership position in his son's Cub Scout troop because he is gay. He was also asked not to wear his Scout uniform at troop events.
"We do have a policy that avowed gays and atheists are not allowed to be a registered leader or member of Boy Scouts of America," Pat Currie, speaking on behalf of the Boy Scouts of America, tells WFAA-TV. Currie is a Scout executive with the Circle Ten Council.
The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled in the past that the Scouts may set any rules they like for membership because they are a private organization.
Do you think that the Boys Scouts of America should stop banning gay men and atheists?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- HICKMAN, DERIAN DOUGLAS PLAINTIFF PRO SE & INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Defendant Service: Summons Issued Method: Service Issued
- If i own all or most of the property in dc think the mayor already knows. president and others including Embassies. on my property for 20 +years
- What is the TFI ORGANIZATION IN KS?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.