Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Teen Who Died During Her First Solo Drive May Have Been Texting
- Stacy Stafford: All I Had Was a Problem and a Laptop, But I Won the…
10 Halloween Costumes for Twins, Triplets and More
Choosing a creative, cute, but not too expensive -- or labor-intensive -- Halloween costume can be a bit of a chore. And for moms of multiples, the challenge is doubled, tripled, quadrupled or more.
Not sure how to dress your brood for Halloween? Take inspiration from these creative ideas:
1. Got a sense of humor? Dress them up as mom's constant companions, the washer, dryer and laundry basket.
2. Pick any animal (duck, cat, monkey, bunny, etc.), double it and you've got a Noah's Ark-themed Halloween.
3. Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss's "The Cat in the Hat" are classic favorites. You could also make your own costumes with red sweatsuits and blue wigs. Then, draw "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" on white felt and glue to the shirts.
4. Whether you have two, three, four or more kids, you can dress them as any of the characters from "The Wizard of Oz," including Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Wicked Witch, Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion.
5. Yeah, your kids may be too young to know who these two are, but what "Flinstones"-loving mom could resist these Pebbles and Bamm Bamm costumes?
6. Can't get your kids away from their video games? Maybe these Nintendo Mario and Luigi get-ups will help.
7. If you're not sick of the peas in a pod analogy yet, dress your baby in these adorable costumes.
8. For the mini-foodie, ketchup and mustard are an easy solution (for triplets or quads, add a burger and hot dog!)
9. In honor of "Toy Story 3," Buzz Lightyear (with wings and goggles that light up) and Woody are sure to please.
10. Dress your sugary-sweet babies as Peeps.
Prefer to make your own costume? Natalie Stemp, creative director of Calliope and a former event planner, suggests these unique ideas: Box of cupcakes, assorted crayons, the three blind mice, the three billy goats gruff or a school of fish.
Got multiples? How will you be dressing them for Halloween?
This story was originally published on October 1, 2009.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Why did you lie and tell the world that, "The Left Behind Video game kills Jews and Atheists"?
- My daughter (14 yrs) was just kicked out of her Girl Scout Cadettes troop. Her offense? Having ADD (not hyperactive) and she wasn't picking up on a tr...
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.