Most Popular Baby Names of 2010
Sophia takes the number one spot this year, pushing Isabella out, while Aiden continues his reign at the top of the boys' list for the sixth year in a row.
New to the top 10 this year: Abigail and Liam.
Top 10 Girls' Names of 2010
See all 100 top girls' names of 2010.
Top 10 Boys' Names of 2010
See all 100 top boys' names of 2010.
What inspired parents this year? Pop culture, sports, and politics. Here are some of the top baby name trends of 2010:
• Glee "gleeks" are now naming their kids Quinn, Finn, Jenna and Lea in droves.
• Mad Men fans are reviving the retro cool of Betty, Freddy, Roger and Don.
• Mama grizzlies, inspired by Sarah Palin, pushed Bristol, Willow and Piper way up the list.
• Olympics fans are going for the gold with names like Shaun, Bode and Apollo (or Apolo, the way skater Apolo Ohno spells it).
For more about the top baby names of the year, the hottest trends, which names are up and down, and more, see BabyCenter's Top Baby Names of 2010 Special Report.
Want even more baby name info from the experts at BabyCenter? Click here to watch BabyCenter editor-in-chief Linda Murray chat about the wonderful world of baby names.
BabyCenter's annual Top Baby Names of the Year list is based on some 350,000 names of babies born in 2010 whose parents registered the site. It also combines names that sound the same but have different spellings (such as Sophia and Sofia) to create a true measure of popularity. To look at names growing in popularity, researchers at BabyCenter looked at trends since 2005 and gave each name an overall score based on its progression in the rankings and average year-over-year growth.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- ,PASSPORT'S AND THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE (TRAVELERS TO A GOVERNMENT( THE PEOPLE WOULD BE (ON VACATION OR WORKING ) = 0% UNEMPLOYMENT
- Would you request up front payment from foreign nation and a recurring debt with the united states
- Court Filings and Court Records updated daily Go Back Lawsuit or other court case details PlaintiffBROOKS, ZINA EULLETECase #DF-00-20075 Defendant HIC...
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.