10 Over-the-Top Holiday Kids' Gifts
Ho, ho, holy expensive Christmas list!
We're talking $6,000 play houses, $10,000 ride-on elephants and $24,000 robots. Forget stashing a deck of Uno cards or even Zhu Zhu pets in the stockings of a certain breed of posh tots. Only Tiffany, Burberry and Stella McCartney will do.
Whether you're some sort of sultan with cash to burn, plan to blow that holiday bonus you're finally receiving again or just like to laugh at the lavish products out there, our list of 10 truly over-the-top gifts for kids will have you extending your line of credit -- or at least chuckling at the extravagance of it all.
Santa might want to take out extra insurance this year.
2. Stella McCartney Lee Jacket: Atten-shun! Seriously stylish kids will suffer without something from Stella McCartney's new kids' collection. We're partial to this wool-blend military jacket complete with braided epaulets. Stella McCartney Kids, $145.
3. Burberry Heart Backpack: Your little girl will need a place to stash all those goodies she's sure to receive, and what better place than a gorgeous heart-covered Burberry backpack with patent trim? Talk about being too cool for school. At Burberry, $395.
5. Red Baron Pedal Bi-Plane: You know, if you're a kid without your own plane, you're just not cool. So, pilots in training best be asking Santa for this aircraft -- the propellers move as you pedal. Too snowy outside to fly? Buy the conversion kit and your ace can still rock indoors. At Bundles of Blossoms, $579 for plane only, $628 with conversion kit.
6. Miller Goodman PlayThings XXL ShapeMaker: If you're gonna get your kid blocks, they should be the best blocks on the block, right? In a limited edition of 100, each XXL ShapeMaker set is signed and numbered, and each 4-inch by 4-inch by 4-inch solid rubberwood block is hand-printed. Oh, and this isn't just a toy. Presented in a wooden box that can be hung on a wall or placed on a shelf, it's also a sculptural piece. Want it? There's a two-month waiting list, but go ahead and email email@example.com to get on it, $950.
7. Extra Large Elephant: A rocking horse is soo last year. In 2010, it's all about the safari. This elephant from Hansa Toys is 59-inches long by 24-inches wide by 46.5-inches tall, and features a plush, hand-cut coat for some serious realism. Able to carry up to 150 pounds in weight, kids -- and many adults -- can play queen and king of the jungle on this bad boy. Each animal comes with a Toys that Teach tag describing in detail the animal's habitat, lifestyle, gestation period, care of their young and eating habits. At FAO Schwarz, $999.
8. Tiffany Ballet Frame: Mamas aren't the only ones who delight in opening a little blue box. Discerning babies appreciate a treasures from Tiffany, as well. And that first dance recital photo? Well, can you think of a better place to display it than this 4-inch by 6-inch sterling silver ballet-themed picture frame? At Tiffany, $450. Engraving will cost 'ya extra.
9. Heirloom Cashmere Lacy Blanket: Sometimes cotton just won't do. This English-made, 100 percent cashmere hand-knit blanket is part of a collection that blends adaptations of classic designs from the '30s, '40s and '50s with a more contemporary look. At Jen Klair Kids, $320.
10. Genuine Lost In Space B-9 Robot: Finally, your Judy and Elroy Jetsons will want -- nay, need -- this 6 1/2-foot tall, 275-pound animatronic remote-controlled version of the B-9 Environmental Control Robot from TV's "Lost In Space." Reproduced from original archival molds, patterns and blueprints, it has a rotating torso and radar head, flashing lights, animated ear sensors and clawed arms. The 'bot also speaks 511 pre-recorded phrases by Richard Tufeld, the original voice of the robot from the TV series (including "Danger Will Robinson!"). At Hammacher Schlemmer, $24,500.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Do people ever get a civil trial this is too many dismissals with out a response from defendants
- 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.