Hot on HuffPost Parents:
PJ Party: 10 Perfect Pajamas for Kids
That's probably why it's tradition in our house to gift our kids with new pajamas each Christmas Eve. But no matter what holidays you celebrate this winter, a new pair of pjs should earn a spot on your shopping list.
We've scoured the stores to find 10 fresh takes on sleepwear this season. Extra cuddling is encouraged.
1. Hatley Moose Baby Footie Pajama: These 100 percent cotton pajamas fit kids up to 24 months, and feature a winter-appropriate moose print. Coordinating jammies are also available in kids sizes and for Dad. At perfectpjs.com, $30.
2. GapKids Skull Sleep Set: Rock out with these skull and crossbones rock star pjs. In sizes 4 to 14, the fleece bottoms and long-sleeve top can also be worn separately. At Gap, $29.50.
3. Hanna Andersson Santa Sleeper: If you like your Santa daring -- and, really, who doesn't? -- you'll appreciate this organic cotton sleeper featuring Santa skiing, sky diving, bicycling and piloting his way around the world. Available in sizes 0 to 6 months to 18 to 24 months. At Nordstrom, $25.
4. Books to Bed "Maisy Bakes a Cake" Book and Pajama Set: Nothing pairs better with jammies than a great goodnight story. This kid's book comes with matching pjs. Available in 12 months to 6, and in several styles for boys and girls. At ronrobinson, $44.
5. J. Crew Kids Union Suit: For boys or girls, this classic, striped waffle-knit one-piece will cut the chill while amping the cool. Available in sizes 2 to 14. At jcrew.com, $49.50.
6. Hatley "Snow Tired" Matching Family Loungewear: We love these mommy, daddy and child pjs that match without being identical. Mom gets a waffle-weave top and flannel bottoms, Dad gets a T-shirt with flannel bottoms and Jr. gets a cozy pajama set. All in similar winter-appropriate, fun bears skiing and shoveling prints. At sleepyheads.com, prices range from $32.95 to $74, all sold separately.
7. PajamaGram Hoodie Footie Snuggle Fleece: Talk about warm! These pajamas not only have feet, but a hood, too. With a festive penguins and snowmen print, they have a full-zip front, to make them easy to get on or off. And, for even more warmth, they have wrist cuffs with thumb holes. Too hot? The hood snaps off and the feet zip off, too. Perfection! Fits sizes 6 to 14. At pajamagram.com, $39.95.
9. GapKids Mixed Sleep Set: What girl wouldn't want to wake up and smell the cookies, as these jammies assert? Perfect for slumber parties or just hanging out with Mom and Dad, these cute pjs also come in skull and dog prints. In sizes 4 to 14. At Gap, $29.50.
10. Paul Frank for Target Sleep Set: Julius the monkey plus soft two-piece jammies equals bedtime bliss. Available in sizes 2T to 5T, your toddler will go bananas for this style. (Sorry -- we had to go there.) At Target, $12.99.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Do people ever get a civil trial this is too many dismissals with out a response from defendants
- While attempting to explain consider who your explaining to. building a government may seem like gilligan's island to a person that can't
- Discuss Derian douglas hickman's answer to: 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference 01/16/2013
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.