New Year's Eve Craft: Party-Perfect Hat to Make and Wear
Your special prince or princess will love welcoming the New Year in a glittery party hat they make themselves.
Don't let these directions put a cap on their creativity; let them go even further by adding glittery pipe cleaners and fun foam shapes to their creations. Then, let the countdown begin ...
What you'll need:
•Fun foam glitter sticker letters and numbers, 1 1/4" tall
•Fun foam glitter sticker sheets, 8 1/2" x 11" in desired colors
•2 fun foam glitter sheets, 8 1/2" x 11" in black
•Glitter gold fabric paint
What to do:
1. Help children sort through and pull out letters/numbers to spell out their desired New Year's message: "Happy New Year 2011," "New Year's Prince," "New Year's Princess," etc.
2. Arrange letters on one sheet of black glitter fun foam. Keep letters/numbers to approximately 10 inches wide and 6 inches high. Children can peel off backing and apply small dabs of glue to back of letters and adhere in place.
3. For balloons, draw small circles in desired colors on fun foam glitter sheets. Cut out balloons, peel and glue onto black glitter fun foam as before. Allow to dry one hour.
4. Kids can cut black foam leaving a slight edge around entire message.
5. Measure, mark and cut two 9-inch x 2-inch bands from the second sheet of black glitter fun foam. Overlap ends and glue a band to each side of cut out message along bottom edge. Allow to dry thoroughly.
6. Help children cut a notched tab at the end of one band and cut slits at the end of the other band for securing hat in desired size.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Would your pension or retirement be effected ,in a civil filing, if you lost or in a chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- What is the fee for filing to run for office? There is no filing fee for U.S. Presidential candidates or people running as write-in candidates
- Federal reserve board of governors appointments ( understanding owning a tv image )
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.