Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Zoe Armstrong: Five Ways to Fake a Break and Avoid Parenting Burnout
- Lianne Castelino and Andrea Howick: How Do You Deal With Nightmare…
Warning: Drinking Can Lead to Chubby Children
And you know what else? Your kids are going to be fat.
Shakespeare nailed it. "Oh, invisible spirit of wine, if thou has no name to be known by, let us call thee devil!"
The evil toll of the demon rum never ends.
Now you can add fat kids to the ravages of alcoholism. Researchers from Washington University in St. Louis found that alcoholics tend to have tubbier tots. They say this is probably because addiction is, to some extent, hereditary.
Kids of alcoholics may not hit the sauce but ... mmm, donuts.
In the study, published in the Archives of General Psychiatry, researchers analyzed data from two different surveys regarding alcoholism. The surveys were conducted in the 1990s through the 2000s and involved more than 75,000 people. The data revealed there are more chubby children in families with a history of alcoholism.
And, researchers claim, kids just keep getting fatter because there is more food with more calories than there was just a few years ago. Junk food and alcohol have much the same effect on the brain, they claim.
Is this not just what Larry Groce foretold in 1977 with his hit single "Junk Food Junkie"?
"I'm afraid some day they'll find me, just stretched out my bed, with a handful of Pringle's potato chips and a Ding Dong by my head."
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Does the dc superior court represent the irs in a civil filing or does the irs have attorneys?
- 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.