Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Lisa Belkin: The Tornado In Oklahoma Is This Parent's Living Nightmare
- Jenn Horton: Every Mom Deserves Your Nod
Should College Athletes Spend More Time in Class?
Schools are frequently found to be violating various NCAA rules. For example, the University of Connecticut was accused of eight violations in May 2010, according to USA Today. And Auburn quarterback Cam Newton's father was accused of accepting money to convince his son to attend a particular school.
There are a lot of professional-level shenanigans going on in what are supposedly non-professional sports. It's important to remember that these are college kids, many of whom will not get that big a contract. Newton is clearly a superior talent who will probably go very high in the NFL draft. But what about his teammates? Not everyone will be able to make a living as an athlete. Which means that they should take advantage of the educational part of their scholarship.
So what do you think? Should college athletes spend a little more time in class and a little less time on the field?
Got an idea for the Chatterbox? Talk to us!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Would you want to to pick your own security . ? im sure they get homes paid for by the state or political party also. 18 =20 votes before 98
- D. hickman v. intel, microsoft et.al federal district court dc (bill gates deposition part 1 you tube?) are you a owner of a company?
- Copyright royaly board understanding building a radio or tv (song sound good got your own radio)?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.