Double Strollers: What You Need to Know Before You Buy
Here's a look at some popular options, and pros and cons of each.
- Pros: They're pretty easy to maneuver, unless you have to go through narrow doorways. Kids sit next to each other, so older kids can play and won't fight over who gets to sit in the front (or back).
- Cons: Most side-by-sides can't hold infant car seats, and if your children are prone to fighting, you might not want them sitting so close to each other. If your children are of different weights, it may be tougher to steer one of these. They also take up a bit more room when folded.
- Pros: Getting through doorways is easier than with a side-by-side, and, when folded, they don't take up too much room. Many tandems hold two infants in car seats or an infant and a toddler. They also have stadium seating, so the child in the back can see over the other child's head.
- Cons: They can be heavy, and turns aren't easy.
- Pros: They're often lightweight and good for rougher surfaces. Also, as the name suggests, you can use it while running or jogging.
- Cons: Many joggers aren't recommended for newborns, as they offer no head support, and they're a bit bulky for the mall or other crowded spots. You'll likely need a traditional stroller in addition to the jogging stroller.
- Pros: Also called a Stand-On, these strollers allow a bigger child to sit or stand on the back step and are great if you have a newborn and an older child.
- Cons: Your toddler might drive you crazy hopping on and off the back.
Want to get the latest ParentDish news and advice? Sign up for our newsletter!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Hickman vs. federal election commission and internal revenue servise
- Court Filings and Court Records updated daily Go Back Lawsuit or other court case details PlaintiffBROOKS, ZINA EULLETECase #DF-00-20075 Defendant HIC...
- Would your pension or retirement be effected ,in a civil filing, if you lost or in a chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.