Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- PHOTO: Virgin Mary Figure Appears With Child Battling Leukemia
- Babble.com: 8 Parenting Lessons To Learn From 'Arrested Development'
How Important is Middle School?
According to the Associated Press, Bush feels strongly that middle school is a very important period of a child's education that is not getting enough attention. The program, Middle School Matters, "will develop, implement, test and scale a school transformation model that enables middle schools to achieve their mission of ensuring students have the required academic foundation to successfully complete high school," according to the George W. Bush Presidential Center website.
"We know now from research that a lot of kids that drop out in high school really drop out in middle school," the former first lady tells the AP. "They just leave in high school."
What do you think? How important is middle school?
Want to get the latest ParentDish news and advice? Sign up for our newsletter!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris by JustinBieberVEVO 3 years ago 859,231,811 views
- Why did you lie and tell the world that, "The Left Behind Video game kills Jews and Atheists"?
- Cant upload foia for federal election commission primary election results or general for derian douglas hickman or the e-mail
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.