Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Gay Activists Rally Ahead Of Boy Scouts' Ban Vote
- How Long Did Neanderthals Nurse? Old Tooth Yields Answer
Sweet Ideas for Valentine's Day
Surprising your kids with a Valentine's Day treat is one of the sweetest perks of parenthood. And while candy and cards are nice, nothing says "be mine" like spending time together. That's why we love these ideas for sharing a few laughs, a few lessons, and maybe a few tears of joy.
Our favorite books for story time teach preschoolers the real meaning behind Valentine's Day. Mary Engelbreit's adorable illustrations make "Queen of Hearts" a feast for the eyes, while the high-spirited kitty in "Love, Splat" will give kids lots of laughs.
Kids of all ages will sympathize with the romantic ups and downs that occupy the star-crossed characters of "A Charlie Brown Valentine." And for kids under 8, our movie picks celebrating platonic affection -- Friendship Movies: Lovey Dovey Flicks Without the Mush -- are a fun way to honor St. Valentine.
Classic movies offer a perfect way to observe the romantic rituals of a bygone era. You'll find a mix of old-fashioned and modern picks for older kids on our recommended lists of Romantic Comedies, Love Story Movies for Teens and Tweens, and the Best High School Love Stories for Teens.
By Caroline Knorr
Want to get the latest ParentDish news and advice? Sign up for our newsletter!
Get more information for parents on media and technology by checking out Common Sense Media.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Discuss Derian douglas hickman's answer to: 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference 01/16/2013
- How many hickman towns,schools,and counties are in the united states
- . two ways to lose property's selling or debt ( debt property is sold to pay debt) the debt has to be proved) court managing property?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.