Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Teen Who Died During Her First Solo Drive May Have Been Texting
- Stacy Stafford: All I Had Was a Problem and a Laptop, But I Won the…
Oscars a Family Affair as Co-Hosts Anne Hathaway, James Franco Give Shout-Outs to Mom, Grandma
But it's hard to beat a shout-out to Mom and Grandma during a broadcast reaching some 40 million viewers -- as co-hosts Anne Hathaway and James Franco did when they included the important women in their lives during their opening remarks.
First, Hathaway asked Franco if he was excited about the prestige his Best Actor nomination would bring him.
"For the rest of your life, everyone will refer to you as Academy Award winner James Franco," she says.
"What do you mean everyone, like, like, even my mom? That'd be weird if my mom called me Academy Award winner James Franco. I've known her a long time," he responds, pointing at his mother in the audience.
Hathaway then finds her mom in the crowd. "Hi, Mom! ... You look so beautiful, Mom!" she says.
"Oh, thank you, honey," Mom says, standing. "And, honey? Stand up straight. Mr. Steven Spielberg's here, honey."
Then Franco asks his grandmother, also in the audience, how he's doing as host.
"I just saw Marky Mark," she replies to laughs.
Talk about earning some extra points with the parents.
Want to get the latest ParentDish news and advice? Sign up for our newsletter!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN
- Cant upload foia for federal election commission primary election results or general for derian douglas hickman or the e-mail
- If a governor or former military general was not on tv you you believe he was if you were told
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.