Try This: How Do You Encourage Personal Hygiene in Your Kids?
Many kids put up a fight when it comes to the daunting task of brushing their teeth or taking a bath. It can be a challenge to explain to younger kids why hygiene is so important.
We asked some moms how they encourage hygiene in their kids and they agreed that persistence is key. It's important to monitor hygiene habits until kids are old enough to do it on their own, one mom added.
AdviceMama offers a few helpful tips:
- Instead of making brushing a part of your child's bedtime ritual, consider having him brush right after dinner, or before a favorite evening TV show. Some children dawdle about brushing before bed to delay the dreaded time when lights get switched off. Unless he's eating after dinner, there's no reason he can't get the same benefit from brushing an hour or two earlier.
- Buy your child an electric toothbrush. Many children enjoy using a "machine," especially if you also let him pick a toothpaste that he likes. Try adding music to his brushing ritual; most songs run 2-3 minutes, which is an ideal amount of time to spend on dental hygiene.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris by JustinBieberVEVO 3 years ago 859,231,811 views
- What is the fee for filing to run for office? There is no filing fee for U.S. Presidential candidates or people running as write-in candidates
- If every thing was free there would be a precentage of people that would have to pay money
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.