Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Franne Golde and Syd Fox: Love More, Fear Less: A Mother and Her…
- Dr. Peggy Drexler: The Breadwinner Complex: Are Women Apologizing For…
How to Play: Messy Kiss
How to play: Divide the children into teams of five or six. For each player, there should be a bowl of either applesauce or pudding with a chocolate kiss in the bottom of the bowl. Mark each player's bowl with his name. Group the bowls by teams and place them on a table, the floor, or the ground about 20-30 feet from the starting line. Give each player an old shirt or a trash bag to wear as a bib.
The rules: At the starting signal, the first player on each team will run to his bowl and retrieve the chocolate kiss without using his hands. Players should keep their hands behind their backs when retrieving the kiss. After the player gets the kiss, he must eat it while standing by his bowl to prevent choking while running. Once he has eaten his kiss, he will run back to his team and tag the next player. Play continues until everyone has gone.
How to win: The first team to complete the race is the winning team.
What else you need to know: You can use candy corn instead of chocolate kisses if you have any fear of children choking on a kiss.
Related: More Kids' Games
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- (department of defense)? hey can you build me a super duper all protector? yea what you want on it $$$$$
- My daughter (14 yrs) was just kicked out of her Girl Scout Cadettes troop. Her offense? Having ADD (not hyperactive) and she wasn't picking up on a tr...
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.