Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- HPV Vaccine Slashes Rate Of Infected Teen Girls
- WATCH: Dad's Homosexuality Blamed For Son's Tragic Death
70 Percent of Moms Are Bringing Home the Bacon
But new statistics could call for a cease fire. A report shows that seven out of 10 American moms -- that's 70.8 percent -- with kids younger than 18 are in the labor force or looking for work, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
But working moms have not been immune to economic hard times. The study finds the unemployment rate for single moms with kids younger than 18, was 14.6, according to Today.com.
The study also shows married moms, who have historically fared better in the job market than single moms, faced an unemployment rate of 6.3 percent last year.
Moms (63.9 percent) with children younger than 6 were less likely to be working than the 76.5 percent of moms with kids from 6- to 17-years-old. The number of working moms with babies younger than 1 was 56.5 percent.
Want to get the latest ParentDish news and advice? Sign up for our newsletter!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- If i own all or most of the property in dc think the mayor already knows. president and others including Embassies. on my property for 20 +years
- LAW SCHOOL OR COPYCAT would'nt it be a difficult profession ( lawyer)if anyone could use your court case defense as plaintiff or defendant
- Cant upload foia for federal election commission primary election results or general for derian douglas hickman or the e-mail
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.