Music Review: 'Just Can't Get Enough' by The Black Eyed Peas
Filed under: Music
What Parents Need to Know
Parents need to know that "Just Can't Get Enough" isn't as explicit as many Black Eyes Peas tunes, with few questionable lyrics beyond a couple of vaguely sexy lines and one possible allusion to Ecstasy (it isn't clear whether the reference is supposed to be to the drug or to an exhilarating feeling). The single is OK for teens and up.
The good stuff
- Messages: The song is simply about loving someone a lot.
- Role models: The single is all about loving someone.
What to watch out for
- Violence: Not an issue.
- Sex: A few sexual references: "My mind's dirty, and it don't need cleanin' / I love you long time so you know the meanin'."
- Language: Not an issue.
- Consumerism: Not an issue.
- Drinking, drugs, & smoking: One possible allusion to the drug Ecstasy: "Your love is a dose of ecstasy." It isn't completely clear whether the reference is supposed to be to the drug or to an exhilarating feeling.
"Just Can't Get Enough" is the second single from "The Beginning," the sixth studio album by dance-pop phenoms the Black Eyed Peas. Like a lot of other tracks on the album, this tune is largely clean, avoiding eyebrow-raising content like swearing or graphic sexual references. That said, the song does include one possible allusion to the drug Ecstasy, as well as a couple of semi-steamy references to sex -- but it's still an OK pick overall for the teen members of the Peas' huge fan base.
Is It Any Good?
"Just Can't Get Enough" is a slower, more hypnotic track than the many big, blow-out hits that the Peas are known for. The four members of the group once again take turns rapping and/or singing here; by sticking to their famous formula, they provide fans with what they've come to expect from the musical sensations. It's nothing new, but it's sure to get kids on their feet.
This review of "Just Can't Get Enough" was written by Stephanie Bruzzese.
Want to get the latest ParentDish news and advice? Sign up for our newsletter!
Get more information for parents on media and technology by checking out Common Sense Media.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Would your pension or retirement be effected ,in a civil filing, if you lost or in a chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- Notice of removal to united states district court for the district of columbia
- ATTORYNE'S ONLY (PARALEAGEL'S WELCOM) A phrase that indicates the permission given by a court to an indigent to initiate a legal action
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.