Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Caron Gremont: Obesity's Officially a Disease, So How Come My Child…
- Karri-Leigh P. Mastrangelo: Am I Going to Hell For My Position on…
Add Diapers, Wipes and Kleenex to Spiking Gas Prices
Filed under: In The News
Kimberly-Clark, the maker of Huggies and Kleenex, has announced that it plans to raise prices on those popular brands, its third such price hike since the middle of March, according to Dow Jones.
That means baby and toddler necessities such as Huggies Little Snugglers for Preemies, which sell for $8.99 for 30 diapers at Target, and Huggies Nite-Time Pull-Ups, now on sale for $11.99 for 30 diapers at Walgreens, will soon cost more at the cash register.
The price spikes can be attributed to new highs in wood pulp and fuel costs which doubled the costs to produce these popular products, and those costs are expected to reach an all-time high in coming months, according to Dow Jones. Company leaders vowed to take aggressive actions, including raising prices on nearly all Kimberly-Clark products sold in North America.
Last week, competitor Procter & Gamble also told retailers it was raising list prices on Pampers diapers and baby wipes, Charmin toilet tissue and Bounty paper towels, according to the Cincinnati Star Tribune.
Want to get the latest ParentDish news and advice? Sign up for our newsletter!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- If i own all or most of the property in dc think the mayor already knows. president and others including Embassies. on my property for 20 +years
- Do I report my friend's kid to the police?
- LAW SCHOOL OR COPYCAT would'nt it be a difficult profession ( lawyer)if anyone could use your court case defense as plaintiff or defendant
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.