Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Bonnie Fuller: Zach Sobiech: You Were a Huge Inspiration in Your…
- When A Tornado Strikes, Should Schools Evacuate?
Lullaby and Goodnight, Now 'Go the F@#! to Sleep'
It's a thought that has probably crossed the minds of many an exhausted parent at 3 a.m., when the wee one refuses shut eye. Now, novelist Adam Mansbach has put the idea to pen in his children's book "Go the F.... to Sleep," which is not due out until next October, and is actually not for kids, he tells "Today."
An excerpt from the book:
"The cats nestle close to their kittens.
The lambs have laid down with the sheep.
You're cozy and warm in your bed, my dear.
Please go the f@#k to sleep."
"Hopefully, the book is very reflective of what we all feel putting our kids to bed," Mansbach tells the news show. "We all love our kids -- it's not like we stop loving our kids -- but as the minutes tick by, we'll do anything to get out of that room."
A visiting professor of fiction at Rutgers University, Mansbach is dad to a 2-year-old daughter, Vivien.
He says he hopes the book will be a fun moment of relief for sleep-deprived parents, telling "Today" that despite the "tremendous culture of parenting," there's a lot that doesn't get talked about.
Want to get the latest ParentDish news and advice? Sign up for our newsletter!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN
- 3 SHOWS A HOUR 7 HOURS = 21 (10 DAYS = 210) 10 STUDIOS = 2100 20 STUDIOS = 4200 (IN 10 DAYS) 3 (20 MINUTE SHOWS).
- Discuss Derian douglas hickman's answer to: 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference 01/16/2013
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.