Safe Kids USA Helps Soothe Parental Fears
When should your child ride in the front seat of the car? How can you have children and firearms in the house at the same time?
These are the questions that often plague parents. Safe Kids USA was founded to answer some of these questions and un-knit a few parental brows.
Surgeon Martin R. Eichelberger and public relations professional Herta Feely started the National Children's Accident Prevention Campaign under Children's National Medical Center in 1987.
One year later, Eichelberger and Feely received money from Johnson & Johnson (the organization's founding sponsor) to launch the Safe Kids Campaign -- the only American nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing unintentional childhood injuries.
Safe Kids USA and Johnson & Johnson are sponsoring a webcast at 12:00 p.m. EST on May 2, to educate parents of children ages 5 to 14 about sports injury prevention.
The webcast will be streamed from the Safe Kids USA Facebook page. RSVPs are being accepted.
Today, Safe Kids USA is a nationwide network of organizations working to prevent unintentional childhood injury -- the leading cause of death and disability for children ages 1 to 14.
Organization officials educate families, provide safety devices to families in need and advocate for better laws to help keep children safe, healthy and out of the emergency room.
There are more than 600 coalitions and chapters in all 50 states bringing together health and safety experts, educators, corporations, foundations, governments and volunteers to educate and protect families.
Safe Kids USA aims to:
· Teach families about child injury risks and prevention.
· Encourage and conduct research on leading injury risks.
· Evaluate solutions for injury risks.
· Work to pass and improve child safety laws and regulations.
· Provide lifesaving devices such as child safety seats, helmets and smoke alarms to families who need them.
· Promote corporate leadership in child safety through effective and sustainable partnerships.
The organization's website includes a series of position papers, offering advice on a wide range of child safety issues.
Related: Safe Kids USA and Johnson & Johnson to Air Webcast on Sports Injuries; Dr. Mom Shouldn't Be the One Diagnosing Sports Injuries
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- The data also revealed some interesting facts about Canadians beliefs: A majority (53%) of Canadians believe in God. What is USA %
- ATTORYNE'S ONLY (PARALEAGEL'S WELCOM) A phrase that indicates the permission given by a court to an indigent to initiate a legal action
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.