Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Dr. Peggy Drexler: The Breadwinner Complex: Are Women Apologizing For…
- Guideposts : Meet The Canine Minister To A Man With Alzheimer's
Skechers Shape-Ups for Girls Have Parents Steamed
Hey, girls! We hate to tell you this, but your legs? They could use a little toning. And that rear? It's time to start keeping up with Kim Kardashian.
That's the message many parents and experts say Skechers is sending girls as young as 7, airing cartoon commercials for its Shape-ups shoes on Nickelodeon and the Cartoon Network.
"Heidi's got new Shape-ups, got everything a girl wants," an animated girl sings in the ad. "She's got the height, got the bounce, yes, she's looking good and having fun."
Skechers Fitness Group President Leonard Armato tells the New York Daily News in a statement that his company is just trying to send a positive fitness message.
"The whole message behind Shape-ups is to get moving, get exercise and get fit," he tells the newspaper. "This is the same messaging being used by the First Lady's Let's Move initiative, which is aimed specifically at children."
What do you think? Are Shape-Ups simple fitness fun, or should they be shipped out?
Want to get the latest ParentDish news and advice? Sign up for our newsletter!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- 3 SHOWS A HOUR 7 HOURS = 21 (10 DAYS = 210) 10 STUDIOS = 2100 20 STUDIOS = 4200 (IN 10 DAYS) 3 (20 MINUTE SHOWS).
- . two ways to lose property's selling or debt ( debt property is sold to pay debt) the debt has to be proved) court managing property?
- Would you request up front payment from foreign nation and a recurring debt with the united states
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.