Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Louise Pennington: Teenage Pregnancy, Patriarchal Hypocrisy and…
- 'Rules Of Engagement' 100th Episode Series Finale
Circumcision Ban Makes San Francisco's November Ballot Cut
Filed under: In The News
The San Francisco Chronicle reports a circumcision ban has made the November ballot -- ahem -- cut, after Department of Elections officials officially certified that a group called "intactivists" managed to round up 7,743 signatures (they needed 7,168) to take the measure to a vote.
The ban would make circumcision on any person younger than 18 a misdemeanor. And, no, your religion would not get you out of it, the newspaper reports. Wanna a little snip, snip anyway? The Chronicle says you would face a $1,000 fine and could spend up to a year in the pokey.
The intactivists and their ilk say circumcision is cruel, the newspaper reports, like cutting off part of an infant's face, while those against it say a ban would be unconstitutional.
Where do you stand on the to cut or not to cut issue? Join the discussion on Facebook!
Want to get the latest ParentDish news and advice? Sign up for our newsletter!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Copyright royaly board understanding building a radio or tv (song sound good got your own radio)?
- Is permission required from both parents in every state . to become a foster parent? are there name's changed; would i need a court order
- Discuss Derian douglas hickman's answer to: 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference 01/16/2013
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.