Creative Summer Games: How Kids Can Entertain Themselves
Most kids count down the days until summer vacation in anticipation of three months of carefree fun. But it doesn't take long for parents to realize there are only so many hours of the day they can spend at the pool. You see, summer also is a time when boredom can take over.
Dr. Michelle Borba, author of "The Big Book of Parenting Solutions" lends some tips to help kids learn how to entertain themselves and keep them from whining about having nothing to do. And, as she says, it's equally important to keep learning in tact so their brains don't turn to mush.
Here are some ideas:
- Create a summer activity box. Brainstorm activities that kids can do on their own: Build a fort, read a book, go on a nature walk. Write each idea on a slip and drop it in the box. Point to the box at the onset of boredom.
- Start a journal. Kids can write, sketch and doodle; it's a great way to track summer memories.
- Buy fun, educational gadgets. The MobiGo is perfect for younger kids.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Would your pension or retirement be effected ,in a civil filing, if you lost or in a chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- Would you request up front payment from foreign nation and a recurring debt with the united states
- Are all items consumable or a product and ingredients ...public record or are you literature restricted
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.