Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Franne Golde and Syd Fox: Love More, Fear Less: A Mother and Her…
- Dr. Peggy Drexler: The Breadwinner Complex: Are Women Apologizing For…
Girl, 12, Gets Suspended Sentence for Cyberstalking
The Seattle Times reports the girl from Issaquah, Wash., was also charged with first-degree computer trespassing after posting sexually explicit pictures on another 12-year-old's Facebook page. An 11-year-old co-defendant was sentenced to community service earlier, according to the newspaper.
"I want to apologize for making people go through all of this," the 12-year-old said in court, the Times reports. " I just feel real bad and if I could go back I would change everything."
The charges show that the two defendants also sent instant messages to "random" people to arrange sex meetings posing as the victim, Leslie Cote, who asked the media to name her to help bring light to the seriousness of cyberstalking, according to the newspaper.
If the defendants follow the court's rules and don't get in trouble for six months the case will be dismissed, according to the Times.
The Times reports Leslie had been at one of the defendants' homes when she got on Facebook and the girls got her password. Leslie's mother, Tara Cote, tells the newspaper the cyberstalking "made our lives a living hell."
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- The owner of the property or debit creditor can relieve the person(s) of the debt,(a employment position or (court) is not ownership
- My daughter (14 yrs) was just kicked out of her Girl Scout Cadettes troop. Her offense? Having ADD (not hyperactive) and she wasn't picking up on a tr...
- If i own all or most of the property in dc think the mayor already knows. president and others including Embassies. on my property for 20 +years
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.