How to Make the Best of Summer 'Down Time'
Sometimes, we get so caught up in planning summer activities that we forget about the simple ways to have fun in the sun. Whatever happened to just relaxing by the pool? So, in between vacation and summer camp, here a few ways to enjoy your summer "down time":
1. Go swimming! But don't forget to remind your kids to drink water while out at the pool -- it's easy to get dehydrated in the summer heat.
2. Plant a vegetable garden. Make sure to water your plants regularly.
3. Go for a run, conduct a relay race, be active. Staying active boosts vitamin D and improves sleep and your mood.
4. Read a masterpiece. Pick up that book you've always meant to read. Encourage your kids to read your favorite childhood classic, too.
5. Go camping in your own back yard. Hold a contest to see who can catch the most fireflies.
6. Star gaze. Use a star chart to find constellations.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Do people ever get a civil trial this is too many dismissals with out a response from defendants
- inventions become professions and you should to get paid to go to school. guy wont's to retire one day degree no good ........ ...
- Is it legal to claim relation to a person ? ( OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE FOR MONATERY GAIN) TO BE ILLEGAL ?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.