Alerts & Recalls
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Tests have revealed high levels of lead in children's products sold at Walmart and Target, a consumer group working with th...The Center for Environmental Health said lead exceeding allowable levels was found in Walmart products such as toy boxing gloves, toy foam jewelry beads and beanbag chairs for toddlers. At Target, the center said it found two chairs with high lead levels.
Don't avoid the needle, moms-to-be. Credit: ZaldyImg, FlickrIf you're expecting, be sure you're first in line to get a flu shot this year. ...Why should you get it? Last year's H1N1 outbreak brought to light how hard the flu can hit pregnant women, and new research indicates that immunity is passed down to your baby.
Fisher-Price is recalling its Trikes and Tough Trikes toddler tricycles because a child can strike, sit or fall on the protruding plastic ignition k...The Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday that two of the products being recalled involved injuries.
Parents are warned to stop using infant sleep positioners immediately. Credit: U.S. Consumer Product Safety CommissionThe U.S. Consumer Product...Two federal safety organizations issued a consumer alert today to warn parents to stop using infant sleep positioners, citing reports of 12 infants -- ages 1 month to 4 months -- who suffocated to death after being placed in the devices.
To sleep, perchance to dream ... Eh, when you're a parent, it's more about just getting some snooze time (and praying that your little one won't ...To sleep, perchance to dream... Eh, when you're a parent, it's more about just getting some snooze time (and praying that your little one won't give you a 5 a.m. wake-up call!)
Things got buggy at the Abbott plant. Credit: Getty ImagesNORTH CHICAGO, Ill. (AP) - Drugmaker Abbott Laboratories said Wednesday it is recalling...Drugmaker Abbott Laboratories said Wednesday it is recalling millions of containers of powder-based infant formula that may be contaminated with insect parts.
CHICAGO (AP) - Swallowing button batteries can be fatal or cause serious harm, and research suggests that severe injuries in children, though rela...Swallowing button batteries can be fatal or cause serious harm, and research suggests that severe injuries in children, though relatively scarce, are on the rise.
AOL Answers is no longer available.As AOL continues to grow and evolve we are taking necessary actions to ensure our efforts and resources are
focused on the areas where we can create the maximum amount of value for our loyal consumer base. As a result
we have decided to sunset AOL Answers. Thank you for your participation in this site. If you have an AOL-related
question (passwords, account information, etc.), please visit our AOL Help site at help.aol.com.